Thursday, February 09, 2006

We gotta start somewhere...

Where do I start ? Should I tell you about the absolutely annoying Polish lady with the ridiculously small bladder who sat next to me on the trans-atlantic flight and had to get up to pee every 15 mins or so ? Should I tell you about the customs official who gave me a half hour talk WITH SLIDES on Import and Export regulations of the United States of America ? Should I tell you about the horrid minivan with the horrid brakes in the horrid Michigan weather ? Should I tell you about the 27 meetings over 3 weeks ? Should I tell you about the how awesome my friends in Pittsburgh still are and how much fun we all had ? Should I tell you about how shake-your-foundation-surprising it is when someone you thought you knew for the last couple of years ends up surprising you silly with things you never knew about her ? Should I tell you about the calm after the storm as you sit in an apartment quite buzzed, listening to Queen and David Bowie singing Under Pressure, wondering about the big ifs of you life, as all the party people leave ? Should I tell you how amazing a city is Chicago is ? Should I tell you how annoying it is to have your stay away from home extended for 5 more weeks on the eve of your departure ? Should I tell you about anjali_83 who was terribly cute BUT sat next to the bald chap, who got her email ID, in the seat ahead of me on the flight back ? Should I tell you about Delhi, my great, fun, awesome, unbelievably fun vacation in Delhi ? Should I tell you about the wedding of The Warrior and Her Mother's Daughter ? Should I tell you about the Family ? Should I ? Huh ? Huh ?

Gather around little children, its grandpa's story time...

19 Comments:

At February 09, 2006 3:02 AM, Blogger Angel said...

Yayyyyy story time!!
Grandpa Where HAVE you been?

(I'm sure you're gonna cook up some war stories too! Mr. Valiant, you!)

 
At February 09, 2006 3:37 AM, Blogger neha vish said...

:) Please to tell!

 
At February 09, 2006 3:17 PM, Anonymous pundit said...

Why didn't you just switch places with said Polish woman?

And change the link. Don't make me beg.

 
At February 09, 2006 8:39 PM, Blogger jax said...

Hey grandpa..Start with the terribly cute anjali_83 :) Hehe. Welcome back sir! (You are back, aren't you?)

 
At February 10, 2006 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog..Plesantly Suprised.How you doing btw?
As for the blog, go on complete the story Grandpa!
Ayshu(if you still remember me!)

 
At February 10, 2006 3:07 PM, Blogger Mandar said...

he he he...

yeah, tell us.. tell us!!

oh, by the way, i am enjoying the sunny california weather. wow! to wake up every morning and head to the lab to hear the ocean roaring a hundred yards away? fantastic! ;)

 
At February 11, 2006 10:38 AM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

yuss. am listening. pliss to start.

 
At February 16, 2006 4:31 PM, Blogger Khushee said...

Lol :D

 
At February 17, 2006 7:19 AM, Blogger Swathi said...

me waiting eagerly.... (as a lille kid in the huge audience )

 
At February 20, 2006 1:54 AM, Blogger Puja said...

:) :)

 
At February 20, 2006 2:05 AM, Blogger Puja said...

Ah, Madras was really nice.

-floydgal

 
At February 22, 2006 3:30 AM, Blogger Rat said...

Yes so when are you going to be telling us these stories ???

 
At February 24, 2006 1:30 AM, Blogger neha vish said...

For God's sake Vig - stop snoring and start telling! These old men.. I tell you!

 
At February 27, 2006 2:06 AM, Anonymous lavi said...

I think grandpa died. :)

 
At February 27, 2006 9:23 PM, Blogger Mandar said...

lavi, i think so too. :D

 
At March 03, 2006 6:19 AM, Blogger Mint Chutney said...

What a tease. Just start somewhere and tell us the damn story!

 
At March 06, 2006 12:44 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

quick replies :

Couldn't change with the Polish woman coz otherwise I would have been in the window seat with Polish woman and Older Ohio Woman.

Anjali_83. Thats all I know :)

And yes, as mentioned elsewhere, this post was just excuse to not have to tell complete stories again.. because a) I forgot b) Im a lazy bum :)

 
At September 17, 2006 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"granps" vignesh and anjali_83? i think you are better off saying hello to anna nicole smith! or maybe even the polish lady. you might even have the most awesome dipole moment!

btw, if i say yes, how many of these stories will you dump on me? or is there an option to respond thusly - 0110011010101 - to your final 'should i'?

- s.b.

 
At July 18, 2007 11:12 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

hey.. i found ur blog when i googled my name... (yea v share de same ,,..) nd i was quite amazed by ur extensive bloggin.... i m jus beginin to blog ... so i decided to read ur 1st blogs.... i infact liked ur idea of makin xperinced bloggers to read ur blog n leave comments... i ve decided to do jus tht... read my blog n leace a comment plz... http://krazzzzyworld.blogspot.com/
here it s... i shudnt leave this in a comment...but i dint have a choice.. cudnt find ur email id...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home