Saturday, October 15, 2005

Ich möchte einen Toast auf Wien ausbringen!

Before I left, I remember telling people that I was not looking forward to this trip at all - 5 days stuck in a conference room, meeting ultra-efficient Germans who expect nothing less from me and non-vegetarian friendly eating environments and office politics. Little did I know how wrong I was...

Vienna is by far, the most beautiful city I have ever seen. Not that I have seen to many cities in Europe but with my limited experiences, it is the most beautiful. Beautifully majestic cathedrals, cobblestone streets, city center fountains, the works. This was right next door to the hotel I was staying at.

And this was the way to the conference venue each day.

I could go on and on about the wonderful architecture, the amazing gothic looks on the massive cathedrals and all that. But I shan't. I shall talk about the mention the two most prominent things I saw in Vienna. One was, obviously, beer. I could have lived there for a year, just on the beer (Now that I'm in the US now, in comparison, the beer is quite... ummm... as a wise man once put it, like Gnat's Urine). Its fantastic, the variety, the flavor, the texture. Most of the nights we went out, I was way too happy at the end to actually take pictures. One of the guys from the conference later emailed saying that the whole deal was so much fun primarily because of the beer and the company. I couldn't agree more.

The second thing that was all over Vienna and I mean everywhere, I mean 24 hours, non-stop multiple channels worth of... I will just let the picture do the talking. Or the ummm... whatever.

To the boys - Torts, Pauly, Lurr and Lex. And to the girls - we love you all. Especially Liz. Thanks for Rammstein. Thanks for singing Summer of 69 in a loud, drunk German accent at 3 in the morning. Thanks for all the beer and the octopus. Thanks for everything !

(Obviously, this is a post-dated post. Duh. And the title means 'I'd like to propose a toast to Vienna!')

8 Comments:

At October 19, 2005 8:18 PM, Anonymous wahgnube said...

Seriously, what business do people who work in lowly industry have at conferences? Let alone 5 days worth.

It's not like you do any bleeding edge work worth talking about.

<grin>

 
At October 19, 2005 11:20 PM, Blogger Pink said...

Du, du hast, du hast mich (loud guitaring now)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Vigs you lucky boy...the place looks lovely.

I received your postacrd today and it's fantastic to say the least...sooooooo pretty and I love the colours!!!!!!! Thanks so much!

Have a good rest of the trip!

 
At October 19, 2005 11:49 PM, Blogger Swathi said...

Europe is beautiful as compared to US anyday....

 
At October 20, 2005 5:42 AM, Blogger jemgal said...

vignesh, thanks so much for the 'ultra-efficient'! ill try hard to live up to that from this very minute on!

if i may recommned Budapest n Prag to you, whereas the latter is the more overcrowded by tourists and the first mentioned by pickpockets.

But both seamed with beautiful and old architecture, which you do seem to like...

 
At October 20, 2005 9:38 PM, Blogger sajith said...

Nice!

 
At October 25, 2005 1:57 AM, Blogger jemgal said...

in case you ever need a good online german/english dictionary, heres my recommendation: http://dict.leo.org
run by the technical university of munich.

 
At November 07, 2005 6:31 PM, Blogger longblackveil said...

How loveliest!
What really got my attention was the sagacious comparison of Beer on the Wrong side of the Atlantic with Insect Doings. Tee hee. A Pratchett boy. Very good.
Nice pictses.

 
At September 19, 2009 2:39 AM, Blogger the said...

How to Reach India and how to Reach other part of India like Bangalore, Airport Delhi, Shirdi Dham, Mumbai Airport, Chennai, Pune, Hydrabad, Manali, Goa, Munnar, Ooty, Shimla, Kolkata. Find full travel guide over here. Train, Airway and Road way InformationHow to Reach Banglore, How to reach Banglore City, Banglore City Toure Guide

 

Post a Comment

<< Home