Wednesday, September 21, 2005

What's on your CD ?

The Mint CD Exchange Program, sadly has come to a close. To all successful senders and recipients, my warmest louse ! We have overcome the vagaries of various countries' inter and intra Postal Systems, weather, natural calamities, crazed postal employees, solar flares and our own laziness to achieve this monumental exchange. We have shared that most precious of art forms - we have shared music.

Yay ! to that.

And now, since everyone knows what everyone else's CDs had, I shall get on with this post.

I got CDs from Grrl, Lavi, Mint and Rat, in that order. Lovely people, lovelier music. These CDs have become quite the mainstay on the daily drive to work (thanks to the hike in gas prices, I no longer drive to work. No worry, I transferred all the songs to my iPod, easy listening on the bus). And in more ways than one, these CDs are quite a glimpse into the person behind them.

Grrl's CD, was well, grrl's CD. It was totally, completely Grrl. Lovely, chocolatey music. A lot of the songs were ones that I had in my un-organized collection, so it was really nice to have 'em all in a proper CD with a purty cover. Winner of the 'First CD Award' and the 'Easiest CD To Gift To Other Ladies Award'. You made that job a whole lot simpler, Grrl, thankoooo !

Lavi's. Well, what can I say ! Hip-hop and club Platinum Collection ! Definitely wins the award for the 'Most Played in the Car and Parties' CD. I have such a cool mental image of Lavi and Sidegap grooving to the music on this CD as she yells at idiot drivers all over the road ;)

Mint's. I knew about 2 songs from the mix. Had heard about 4 in total. Award winner for 'Introducing Me To The Most New Songs' CD. Also the winner of '"Wow ! This is such lovely music !" Being Said By A Female Companion Most Number Of Times' CD - by which I mean I got a lot of brownie points with women for playing such quality music. Thanks a ton Minty !

Rat's. Rock. Roll. Totally my kinda music. Wins the 'Last But Not Least Award' ;) But honestly, really nice of her to send another awesome collection, to make up for lost time and all that ! I love them all Ratsyyy ! Such awesome music I tells ya !

As echoed else where, we definitely MUST do this again. And this time, I promise, I shall even make CD cover art. Promise.

7 Comments:

At September 21, 2005 5:16 AM, Blogger Archster said...

everywhere i go... there is MUCH talk about this exchange business. But very nice to read and know of such nice ppl.

And i shall not be left out for long. Im in the process of gettin me some CDs myself. And a movie to boot, if i remember right ;)

 
At September 21, 2005 10:43 AM, Blogger Rimi said...

WHAT an idea! oh, i'm so going to do this now!

 
At September 21, 2005 4:22 PM, Blogger littlecow said...

piracy in the high C's?

(i know, its not such a good pun. but after a day of staring at the monitor, i HAVE TO share the pain) :-)

 
At September 21, 2005 9:33 PM, Blogger Mandar said...

hey! next time, include me too in the party. i'd like to participate too! :D

 
At September 21, 2005 10:01 PM, Blogger Rat said...

Well your welcome !!!! Enjoy like anything :)

 
At September 21, 2005 10:02 PM, Blogger Pink said...

Glad you like it! Yep, definitely 'our' music! :)

 
At September 24, 2005 9:40 AM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

lol.. glad you liked it.. and glad it could " help " you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home