Monday, September 26, 2005

My cousin, the evil mastermind

I've always known that my cousins are smart. I didn't quite know they were evil geniuses till yesterday.

Some random boy has been calling my cousin and harassing her over the phone - calls about 30 calls a day, wanting to meet her, to go for coffee, to know her name (in that order, she says). I suggested a few remedies - that she agree to meet the boy at some place, arrive there and in a short while I would walk in and scare the living crap out of the boy. She figured this was too violent for her tastes and decided she would rather ignore all his calls, hoping that he would soon go away.

But he didn't. So she came up with a dastardly plan. The next time this boy called, this is what she did:

She: I have something to ask you.
Pinprick: Of course.
She: Do you really like me ?
Pinprick:
Of course I do !
She: Really ?
Pinprick: Really.
She: If you truly like me, then please, promise me you will never call me again.
Pinprick: Ummm...
She: See, you said you really like me. How can I trust you if you don't listen to me ?
Pinprick: Ummm... alright, I promise.
She: Good. Good night then.

Click.

I tell you, I was stunned. Not as stunned at the fact that the little dick was actually stupid enough to fall for this, but more so by the fact that my sweet little cousin actually thought of this. I can only imagine the plight of this boy, running around the streets naked, screaming, caught in this nice little Catch-22.

If I ever need a mastermind to orchestrate my plans for World Domination, I now know who my right hand woman will be.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

24 Comments:

At September 26, 2005 3:14 am, Blogger DiTtY said...

LOL!

Clever girl! :) She probably figured that yelling at the fella wouldn't work! :)

You go, girl! *to the cousin, of course* :)

 
At September 26, 2005 4:22 am, Blogger Swaroop C H said...

Phew.

- Swaroop
www.swaroopch.info

 
At September 26, 2005 6:01 am, Anonymous wahgnube said...

Damn it. Here I was expecting something elaborate, like a super-secret-lab or grand explosions. And evil laughs.

Maybe next time.

 
At September 26, 2005 6:14 am, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

well. us women are smarter anyways.. :P

 
At September 26, 2005 6:31 am, Blogger Archster said...

How very sharp indeed. If only it ran in the family?

I kid. I kid. Im sure it does. :)

 
At September 26, 2005 7:18 pm, Blogger Penny Lane said...

Haha... how old is she?

 
At September 26, 2005 8:27 pm, Blogger Anurag said...

Dang! I have to find a new phone number to call now. And I am *not* running in the streets naked. I am wearing underpants.

 
At September 26, 2005 8:28 pm, Blogger Menagerie said...

That was indeed clever! Smart girl :)

 
At September 26, 2005 9:44 pm, Blogger Artful Badger said...

Girls I tell ya.

 
At September 26, 2005 9:51 pm, Blogger Artful Badger said...

If that guy did management consulting, he would have replied,
"Well, I do like you, but as much as I am aware that you don't wan't to talk to me, I would like to talk to you."
He he....
Anyway, in this situation the support is to the girl :D.

 
At September 27, 2005 12:20 am, Blogger Pink said...

My mum has been receiving some such random sms's from a bangalore number..hmm.. maybe she should try this?!

 
At September 27, 2005 2:14 am, Blogger Swathi said...

ah, these anonymous calls I tell u ...
ur cousin is one smart girl, she already seems to knows the tips to keep those Roaming romeos at bay!

 
At September 27, 2005 2:44 am, Blogger dee iyer said...

how the hell could you fall for this anurag .. now really ?

 
At September 27, 2005 4:51 am, Blogger jax said...

Indi-genius I tell you!!:)

 
At September 27, 2005 7:21 am, Blogger Kumari said...

Epidra?
I have immense admiration for cousin now. Innum konjam time avaloda spend pannu...maybe u will also get brighter :D

 
At September 27, 2005 10:15 am, Blogger Raj said...

good thing none of my victims are nearly as smart!

 
At September 27, 2005 1:23 pm, Blogger littlecow said...

hilarious!

 
At September 27, 2005 10:14 pm, Blogger Rat said...

Yeah, how old is she ?

 
At September 28, 2005 1:26 pm, Blogger Senthil said...

Egad. As Mr.Kipling said, "The female of the species is more dangerous than the male"...

 
At September 28, 2005 1:33 pm, Blogger Senthil said...

Whoops.
:'<,'>s/dangerous/deadly/

Forgive the error...

 
At September 29, 2005 5:15 am, Blogger Yfactor said...

ROFL ... "pinprick" was stupid enough to fall for that :)) ... good one ..

 
At October 03, 2005 3:30 am, Blogger Vignesh said...

Hmm.. I seem to have forgotten to reply to these...

Anyhoo.. yes it doesn't run in the family, shes 24 and to new people - welcome. Though not to Ms. Iyer, coz she wasn't talking to me anyways :P hrrmmpff !!

:))

 
At October 04, 2005 1:38 am, Blogger Artful Badger said...

24 is an acceptable age for such behaviour => Guy is 24+ . Such an idiot. It sounded like something that would happen in school.

 
At December 19, 2005 9:48 am, Anonymous twinkletoes said...

good lord....the "pinprick" actually fell for dat? whoa..must be one heckuva dumbass ;o)
your cousin sounds kinda like the antithesis of my lil sis(she digs violence heh heh )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home