Wednesday, September 14, 2005

And whats your name ?

  • I've always been confused with the correct usage of emoticons within parentheses. (Is this the way to do it ;)) or ( should it be like this ;) ) ?
  • Considering how truly global our world has become and all that jazz, I find it quite annoying to be communicating with people in multiple timezones and have to say G'Morning/G'Day/G'Nite... we need to come up with something that captures the general sentiment of 'Have a good time of day'. Suggestions ?
  • I burnt my belly button a couple of days ago, cooking. I was in the kitchen, without a shirt on and when I plonked the onions into the pan containing nicely heated up oil, some of it jumped out and attacked my navel. A quickfire remedy was suggested, and I started wearing shirts when in the kitchen.
  • A kitchen haiku
olives and basil
inept slicing of tomatoes
blood in my pasta
  • Traffic lights are the Big Leveller of our day to day existence. The little tempo thingie that I shot by a while ago, pulls up next to me at the light, seemingly to ask - Where you gonna go now ? Life is like that only, no ?
  • I used to see this huge ass billboard en route to work everyday - "As Bangalore traffic gets worse, you need a job close to where you live or a home close to where you work". I couldn't help thinking, why not fix the fucking traffic, moron ? Like, are we so resigned to the fact that these problems aren't going to go away, that we wouldn't mind spending lakhs buying a house close to a job that we might hold for maybe two more years ? C'mon now, really...
  • Once a certain someone sends me their CD, I have a nice report of the music compiled through the Mint CD Exchange Program, planned. Wait for it.
  • Oh, and the new pic is a blade of grass. Serenity and peace with the universe is much needed in my life. So far, no one thinks its working or ever will.

21 Comments:

At September 15, 2005 12:42 AM, Blogger Penny Lane said...

Oh... a blade of grass... I thought it was a cat's tail!

 
At September 15, 2005 1:16 AM, Blogger jax said...

* [This way saar!;)]

* What about "Wassaap bro?" Works at all times!

* Beef up Navel security jusht in case!

* So true man! I drove my bike over a footpath for the first time because of a traffic jam. A pedestrian on the footpath screamed at me "Do you mind, this is a bloody footpath!" I should have told him that traffic lights ahead had levelled us all!

* Hehe...read this other billboard ?? "Luxury Flats ONLY 80 kms from M.G Road!! Call Now!! "

* Not that Mint Mix package again!!! Its turning me green with envy!!

* Serenity and peace, yeah...you have to smoke the grass for that bud! :)

 
At September 15, 2005 1:37 AM, Anonymous Mandar said...

that navel burning thing was simply great. i cant stop imagining it and laughing! :))

 
At September 15, 2005 2:06 AM, Blogger Raj said...

I was going to say something constructive but you'll have to excuse me, while I barf at the image of your Burnt Belly Button..

 
At September 15, 2005 2:11 AM, Blogger Swathi said...

luves tat haiku (now y is it that i alwayz fail at it **wonder**wonder)

 
At September 15, 2005 2:13 AM, Blogger Rat said...

Point taken ! *apologetic smile* !!! You can put up your post very soon. God promise.

 
At September 15, 2005 2:31 AM, Blogger Archster said...

Vig. Shirtless. Belly Button. Jiggling about because of burnt belly button.

I need to go lie down now. And NOT in a good way.

And a blade of grass that is not. It makes me think of an Epilator (yeah, it still does) and i want to run one over that 'blade of grass'. After which, all that will remain will be a nice empty space of white.

Serenity and peace with the universe.

 
At September 15, 2005 6:33 AM, Blogger Sujatha said...

and then there are billboards that taunt you, "if you lived here, you would already be home". And of course, I would still be at least 5 miles away from home.:((

 
At September 15, 2005 7:31 AM, Blogger Mint Chutney said...

Hey! Where's my CD???

 
At September 15, 2005 1:35 PM, Blogger sajith said...

I splattered warm oil onto my elbow. Not a very bloggable location, it seems.

 
At September 15, 2005 10:01 PM, Blogger Pink said...

How about 'Have a Happy' or 'Happy to you' !! See it's universal!

You cook while you're topless??! Hmmm!

Waitng for your update on the music. Also can you please, please email me the 'Baby got back' song too? Please.

 
At September 15, 2005 10:27 PM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

you mean you havent gotten your cds across yet?!!?

wha?


and i see your adding new spice to the pasta eh?.. lol..your a VEGETARIAN Jig... a VEGETARIAN...

 
At September 15, 2005 11:51 PM, Blogger jax said...

Wheres my baby got back song?

 
At September 16, 2005 2:51 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Blade of grass?? I thought it was a very stylish butt crack! Oh well.

'Good day', 'good afternoon' and 'good evening' - all these are used as greetings. But 'good night' always means 'good bye'. Weird huh?

 
At September 16, 2005 4:42 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Penny: Yeah. Right. Cat. Tail. Sure.

Jax: Navel security... hahahah !!! Yes, you bring the grass and I shall bring the imagery ;)

Mandy: Stop it I ssshay !!

Raj: You ? Constructive ? Don't make me laugh !!

Swathi: You mean you can't cut tomatoes either ?!?! :)

Ratssyyy : isssogaaayyy... Im still waiting though ;)

Archiebald: I hope all your lying down in bad ways makes your back hurt. I have many hairy curses. Watch it ;)

Sujatha: Thats quite common actually. But see the deal with the one that pissed me off was that it wasn't just annoying, it was saying 'this problem isn't going to go away - so lets do this instead' !!

Minty: I sent it looooooooong ago !!!!

Sajith: Elbow. Navel. No comparision saaar !

Lavi: I don't cook while I'm topless. I am occasionally topless when I cook. There's a difference ;) Will send it to you tooo !!

Grrl: Well, Im just waiting for one. And Minty still doesn't have mine. Damn post office !!! The pasta was yummmy !!

Jay: BUTT CRACK !!?! HOW ?!?! DOOOD !!!

You have stumbled onto one the mysteries of the English language there Jay. Don't think about that one too hard... its not worth the effort ;)

 
At September 16, 2005 8:33 AM, Blogger Mint Chutney said...

Vig- The certified mail slip arrived today. Will pick it up from the post office as soon as I get a chance. Thanks!

 
At September 16, 2005 1:05 PM, Blogger littlecow said...

"howdy" might work in all situations except one where you are the youngest and walk into a boardroom?

 
At September 16, 2005 9:40 PM, Blogger GettingThere said...

"How's it goin'"? Works well for me. We have an off-shore team in India. They always say "Good whatever-time-it-is-at-our-end" and we always acknowledge the time at their end.

Navel fire?? Really Vig! You should be more careful (but I simply cannot stop laughing :P)

Blade of grass? I thought that was a single hair on your head - hehehehe

 
At September 18, 2005 11:33 AM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

ohh! i see the buttcrack now!!! i see it!!

 
At September 19, 2005 4:00 AM, Blogger AB said...

If you cook topless, then man you need to be armed with a whole tube of toothpaste;)

 
At September 26, 2005 1:51 AM, Blogger Taz Snow said...

Hmmm...methinks you should avoid cooking, until you a figure out a way to avoid accidents! Burnt navel, blood in the pasta....URK!

That being said...curiously interesting blog, muh man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home