Thursday, September 22, 2005

55 words of unfiction

Two girls in a dark theatre. One girl whips out her celly and starts messaging. Its dark, the phone is a bright light. The message is read:

'So how is work going ?' she types.

Her friend nudges her and says, 'Don't say going, say goin'.

The 'g' is deleted. The message is now cool.



"Maybe that's why I did it. I wanted to make sure you knew what you were missing. Does that make me a bad person?"

"No. You don't have to do anything to show me what I've lost. I know what I've lost. And I know, exactly why I'll never have any of that ever again”."

And by unfiction, I mean these are conversations from real life. Which was what this post was going to be. I couldn't find a third and she tagged me. So there.

11 Comments:

At September 22, 2005 10:30 AM, Blogger Menagerie said...

Hey, jumped in here through Rat's site....! Interesting post!

How's it goin? :))

 
At September 22, 2005 11:13 AM, Blogger Archster said...

I was just about to mail ya, so you could have the third. I overheard one today at the movies. Oh well, two is good enough.

Nice extremes Vig. Liked em both.

 
At September 22, 2005 7:57 PM, Blogger Penny Lane said...

What an added effort is must've been to go and find the symbol '... hope it was a Nokia... its a pain in the ass on a Mororola

 
At September 22, 2005 11:17 PM, Blogger Swathi said...

snippets of conversation in real life can be so interesting,
and can also serve as sources for such tags..

i liked the first one -sounds like I've also heard it somewhere

 
At September 22, 2005 11:19 PM, Blogger Angel said...

:)

 
At September 23, 2005 12:43 AM, Blogger AB said...

The second para of the second snippet struck home

 
At September 23, 2005 11:09 AM, Blogger Jay said...

I hate people who talk on trains. Unless you're discussing really interesting things (like infidelity, murder or sex), shut the hell up and let me read my book.

 
At September 25, 2005 5:37 AM, Blogger The Box said...

Jumped in via Rat's site. That first bit about the cellphone is very nice.

 
At September 25, 2005 8:44 AM, Anonymous Voyeur said...

I realy liked the second bit. Hit straight home, it did.

 
At September 26, 2005 1:02 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Menagerie: Welcome, welcome. Sorry to see that you have caught me at my worst... I promise I can write a tad bit better than this... ;)

Archiebald: Do mail story... will make for good future post !!

Penny: Well, she didnt type goin'. She just deleted the g from going.

A: :) to you too.

AB: Thats coz the second para of the second snippet started at home ! :)

Jay: In as much as I agree completely with what you are saying, I have to remark on how completely tangential that really is to the post ;)

Box: Welcome to you too !! Yeah, sometimes the nicest things are from real life no ?

Voyeur: Ditto !

 
At April 18, 2006 5:21 AM, Blogger Kusum Rohra said...

Loved the second one :)

Phew!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home