Monday, August 01, 2005

Signs of a good life

You can always pick them out. From the millions of little moments in your life. You can always pick out the ones that brought the house of cards tumbling down. That one gust of wind that blew away what you had hoped was permanently stuck. That one conversation that opened up a whole new world. The one that got away. Life right now, seems to be a icky, gooey mess of such moments. And strangely, I have a feeling I'm not alone in thinking that way.

There is so much color tagged onto each of those moments. A bright blue for summers love. A napalm yellow for caustic retorts leading to days of unspeak. A blah brown for that state you slip into, when you realize there really isn't anything more to be done. A dazzling purple for that brilliant idea at the desperate clutch situation. A vivid pink for that taste of lipstick that just won't go away. Its all a rainbow now, colors mating with colors, making new baby colors that I've never seen before. Little baby moments in time.

Work has been pretty hectic of late, too many meetings and reviews. Mid-year crisis management. Brilliant ideas worth million dollar budgets but no time to take a closer look. The usual some say. Yes, the usual I guess.

Somehow my favorite color these days is a grid of sky blue and Blogger orange.

18 Comments:

At August 02, 2005 11:58 PM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

Sigh.. Vig.. color me a Midnight Blue...am so lost in worry these days....

 
At August 03, 2005 12:44 AM, Blogger eM said...

I love the idea of colours signifying situations. I always feel people are like colours too--polka dotted, striped, sometimes patchy. You know?

 
At August 03, 2005 2:53 AM, Blogger Swathi said...

nice blog, i got an immediate feeling of 'oh! i identify with it soooo much' while reading it.i jus luved this 'Little baby moments in time.'

 
At August 03, 2005 5:53 AM, Anonymous AB said...

Nowadays when I am fighting with my parents all I can see is red

 
At August 03, 2005 7:54 AM, Blogger Angel said...

beautifully written :)

Reminds me of this song.
Blogger orange is purrdy :)

 
At August 03, 2005 8:08 AM, Blogger Kumari said...

Colourful post. Lovely.

 
At August 03, 2005 10:16 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Grrl: You, my dear, are a bright, shiny, bouncy, beach ball pink. There, thats you !

eM: Yup. Definitely know about the patchy !!

Swathi: Heh. Thats what I mean, feels like a lot of people feel that way !!

AB: Aww... I see lots of red too... but it eventually fades into a nice comfortable dusky blue.

A: Thankoooo !!! Yes no, its very purrrdy !!

LadyK: Many thankggs !!!

 
At August 03, 2005 10:24 AM, Anonymous Bhuva said...

Lovely writing!

 
At August 03, 2005 3:03 PM, Blogger Senthil said...

Nice piece, Icarus. Bloody good. :)

 
At August 03, 2005 10:18 PM, Blogger Pink said...

Love the concept of your mood reflecting a grid of colours. Well written.

 
At August 03, 2005 10:28 PM, Anonymous Mandar said...

well written, vigs!

 
At August 04, 2005 12:16 AM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

YEEEEKS!!1 I HATE PINK!! *bawls*

 
At August 04, 2005 10:48 AM, Blogger Mangs said...

lost you on that last line

 
At August 04, 2005 4:30 PM, Anonymous wahgnube said...

Brown, like the colour of the people I don't let in my cab.

(Sorry, can't racist Family Guy humour.)

And the vivid pink has nothing to do with the taste. It's fish scales I tells you.

 
At August 05, 2005 4:35 AM, Blogger Rat said...

What is language you are talking Vigs ?? :) Nice post.

 
At August 07, 2005 4:52 AM, Blogger Shrutz said...

Life's too hectic... the colours are all a blue WAHHHHHHHHH
Nice post

 
At August 08, 2005 5:59 AM, Anonymous Suma said...

Bring it on, baby!

 
At August 08, 2005 11:06 AM, Blogger Jay said...

My favourite colour at the moment is a reddish salmon-y shade that I cannot describe properly, because that's the colour of the £50 note, also the biggest denomination currency here in the UK, and I haven't held one in my hands for a LONG time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home