Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Taxi

I had emailed The Boys about the recent purchase. Amidst congratualtions and other insults, I heard this shocking bit of information:
From:Baard

[...] also another sad news... boys... our dear old TAXI... has been sold :( .. my dad's company sold it... am ok now... but it felt like another break up... not to worry.. now recovery time... 1 day and 1 Scholtsky's veggie sandwich...
Now this was a real blow. If you ever spot me on Orkut, you would see that myself and the said person are two of three members of the Maruthi 800 community. That car, Taxi, had served us well. As Branny remembers:
From: Branny

Oh boy that was a blow, dude. I was there when she turned 80K, boo hoo. Good old “TAXI”. And that’s a reminder that we are also getting old. We should drink one for her. Later ladies.
Ah, yes. The day she turned 80K. All the stories. All the petrol bills. All the chai. All the memories.
From: Vignesh

Heh, Branny changing tyres on that beauty was a sight to behold. I was there. Kaarya, was not. I can tell my grandchildren that. Man, I'm really sad now. We are getting old guys ! Thats like, shit, The Taxi is gone. What next ? Sad, but I guess Baard said it best... 'this feels like another breakup... damn... Anyways, I think in honor of the beauty that she was and the fact that she was Baard's and he didn't mind sharing her, I shall allow Baard to name my vehicle. Go ahead dear boy... !!! Come up with a good one...
And as I wipe that slow tear off my eye, I cannot but glance at my new baby. About how she will never know the memories all of us shared with The Taxi. About how jealous she would be if she ever did come to know.

Don't worry baby, we have many more miles to go, many more memories to create.

PS: Yesterday, the lock to my front door got jammed. Now, there is a big hole in my door. I cannot leave for work. It feels strange to be locked up in a place, not because you cannot leave, but rather because you cannot lock up what you leave behind.

15 Comments:

At July 25, 2005 12:16 AM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

yaay!! many more memories with your car!!! i BET these will be just as good if not better.. :D

ar you standing in your doorway looking longingly at people walking by you after locking their doors?.. DONT!!!
*runs away giggling*

 
At July 25, 2005 12:17 AM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

hey i just noticed!! this is your Blog's Anniversary month innit!!!?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

 
At July 25, 2005 12:57 AM, Blogger Pink said...

You've been making a lot of holes lately, haven't you?!! :)

BTW, I mailed you about the CD exchange and you haven't replied. So please tell me whether you want to exchange CDs with me or not coz I'm going to the post office tomorrow to send them out.

 
At July 25, 2005 2:57 AM, Blogger Swathi said...

btw, dun forget to invite me for the naming ceremony of ur new baby :))

the end note was interesting.

 
At July 25, 2005 7:26 AM, Anonymous Pauk said...

Ahh.. My sincerest condolences to Baard and family on the loss. (Though I dont know why I post it here.. Maybe he'll read it..). Havent had too many occasions to pile into it ... But wait if that was "The taxi"... Baard was "the taxi driver" .. Just had a flash of a mohawked (Yea I know thats not a word) baard in front of a mirror going "You looking at me? You looking at me? There's no one else here, so you must be looking at me..."

 
At July 25, 2005 10:29 PM, Blogger Mangs said...

did i tell you we sold the 800 day before yesterday?

 
At July 26, 2005 5:16 AM, Blogger Rat said...

Take care of the new car now Viggie !! Poor thing.

 
At July 26, 2005 6:02 AM, Blogger Angel said...

naming ceremony n all...ooooh!

 
At July 26, 2005 6:26 AM, Blogger Mint Chutney said...

Your car is brand new...how is the lock broken already? So far the majority of memories with the new car are asscociated with insurance claims. :)

 
At July 26, 2005 6:46 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Grrl: Yup !! Maaaany more... ;) Hehe.. yeah.. they finally fixed the lock on my FRONT DOOR TO THE APARTMENT !!!

Grrl: And thankoooo !!

Lavi: Heh. Sign me up, lassie !!

Swathi: Yes, will do. Now only if that Baard fellow would reply to my email !!

Pauk: Yes, pity. She suffered all our riding. May she rest in peace.

Mangs: Gah ! All you people would be shot by the Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Maruthi 800s. If there was one such.

Rat and Minty: As you might have realised, the door I was referring to was the front door to my apartment. Not the car. Though, reading what I had written, the confoosion is quite understandable. Umm.. and there are other memories associated with the car... just things that the gentleman in me won't allow me to spill the beans on ;)

 
At July 26, 2005 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one - not even your Little Red Riding Hood - can or ever will surpass the might and glory of The TAXI. Her greatness, even more so after Her demise, will forever be imprinted in each of our hearts who were fortunate to ride Her. May her transmission RIP.

-L

 
At July 27, 2005 11:33 AM, Blogger the still dancer said...

syar,
pleej to turn up at bloggers' meet on shaturday

 
At July 28, 2005 4:11 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

L: No. Not that name. I knew you would come up with that name. But no. Not that. Yes, imprinted yes. But we must move on, Boys ! Come now, greener pastures await !

Kaash: Umm... Where be this MeetAndGreet ? Unfortunately, me in Madras this weekend. Next time fer shooree !!

 
At July 29, 2005 12:22 AM, Blogger Khushee said...

Lol!

Have a great weekend ahead!

 
At July 29, 2005 4:41 AM, Blogger Mandar said...

Bangalore Bloggers' Meet. Details here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home