Sunday, May 15, 2005

Wham, Bam, Thank You Maam

  • Went out Saturday night with Shree [a fine lady I met about two months ago] and a bunch of her friends. Nice times were had by all. Dancing, drinking, puffing away on my Don Diego and hookas. She made dancing with glasses on, look cool. Hats off to you, missy !
  • If you have longer than shoulder length hair and are in a crowded club, realise that your hair will get wet and sticky because of the smoke and the warmth. And if you plan on flailing it about, please, have a care for the poor soul dancing next to you. Wet, clumped hair stings.
  • I had the most entertaining conversation imaginable with an auto-wallah today. An excerpt follows -
Driver: Saar... aap padthe ho ya kaam karthey ? (Do you study or work?)
Me: Kaam karthey. (I work)
Driver: Where you from, saar ?
Me: Madras.
Driver: Appo, tamil theriyumma ? (Then, you know Tamil ?)
Me: Yes.
Driver: I know 6 language. English, Hindi, Kannda, Telugu, Malayalam, Marathi. Name, saar ?
Me: Vignesh
Driver: My name is Baasha, saar. Manik Basha. Namma big Rajni fan, saar !
Me: Oh ! Good !
[And so the interrogation continues. What do my parents do ? Where do I work ? Do I smoke ? Do I drink ? Do I eat meat ? and so on. Soon, we get to more interesting matters]
Basha: You have lover, saar ?
Me: Ummm... no.
Basha: I have two, saar. One arranged marriage. One I arranged.
Me: Ummm... good ?!?
Basha: One boy. Other one girl. Saar marriage over ?
Me: No.
Basha: Enjoy saar now. I am sex baasha saar. Now, marriage. If I feel bejaar I go to college, saar. Mount Carmel, RV, sit outside and watch, saar.
Me: Excellent !
[By now, looking for the camera hidden in the auto, recording my reactions. More details about this two timing life followed. Details that I could have done without. And finally we reach our destination]

Basha: Thank you, saar.[shaking hands] Basha, saar, Manik Basha.

12 Comments:

At May 15, 2005 12:29 PM, Blogger wahgnube said...

Forget the idiot soul dancing next to you, think of the pour soul with shoulder length hair that'll smell of smoke and cheap liquor for quite a while post the flailing.

*Shudder*

Moral of the story, shoulder length hair and clubs do not go well.

 
At May 15, 2005 8:31 PM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

sigh ...children! children!!
wash your hair with a lemon squeezed in the water and all the stinkies will go ayway!!

*closes her gramma book*

 
At May 16, 2005 4:51 PM, Blogger Khushee said...

Interesting conversation with the driver!

 
At May 16, 2005 8:44 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Not entirely sure that I understood the entire conversation, but was that driver telling you that he had a wife and a male lover?!

And what is a sex bashaa?

 
At May 16, 2005 9:05 PM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

yes Vig... please stop having suggestive conversations with a desperate auto man..*AUTO-MAN* lol

runs away very fast

 
At May 16, 2005 10:32 PM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Alright ladies, enough with the hair talk. And I shall have you know that the 'idiot soul' dancing next to her, was me. I have to scars on face to prove it.

K: Yes, very interesting ! Given the fact that all this was amidst two other phone calls.

Jay: Welcome ! Yes. That was what he was saying. Basha, is a character in a Rajnikanth (a really, really popular actor in South India) movie. Its basically a twist on the work Paasha, meaning king or lord or someone who is da boss. Yeah, he was delusional.

Grrl: Look who is talking about auto-men. I know all about you and your auto-men !!

 
At May 16, 2005 11:07 PM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

*Giggle* - what automen!!!!?mine arent suggestive at all!! they just CARE about me...ROFL

 
At May 16, 2005 11:58 PM, Blogger eM said...

And you tell me I have strange conversations!!! :)
This one completely takes the cake, and the crumbs left over also. Chalo, at least you had something to blog about, no?

 
At May 17, 2005 9:15 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Grrl: See, see, if that isn't suggestive, I don't know what is. And besides, I'll probably never see him again *sigh*

eM: Yes. Strange conversations are blog pudding. Why am I telling this to the queen of strange conversations herself ?!?! :))

 
At May 17, 2005 1:17 PM, Blogger Senthil said...

Wow. These rick drivers swing every which way, wot?

 
At May 17, 2005 11:28 PM, Anonymous Mandar said...

Was all of this in bangalore?!

 
At May 18, 2005 12:51 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Senti: Yeah, on and off the road ! HAR HAR HAR !!!

Madar: Welcome back ! Yes, this was all in our lovely city one ! Taking adjust maadi to new lows !! :))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home