Friday, May 06, 2005

Put a song in this heart of mine...

Ah, my first really buzzed post-party post. I'm following formats set by the other great bloggers (I wanted to link someone else to the word 'bloggers' but I'm way too buzzed right now to even bother with it) out there, who regularly have better, more fun lives than the rest of us do (though some of them claim that it is work so its not really fun, it just sounds like fun). The format being, start talking about what happened over the evening, and use a song as the title of the post.

I went to the party a bit late, having had to pick up some unexpected co-passengers. The Bacardi was appreciated, along with my version of Flaming Moz shots. There was a lot of dancing, cake cutting in view of a friends departure and an engagement. No celebrities were sighted. Not many media personalities either (there was a smattering of Page 3 crowd, but they were mostly harmless). Just some nice people, who are quickly morphing into awesome friends.

T was there. Having heartily followed my own advice (pun intented) though, I felt fairly safe and secure. Alcohol or no. I heard once, that its when you start thinking from here (your head) rather than from here (your heart), its time to realise you are getting old(er). *sigh*

In the end, many shots and many beers later, many photographs of many wonderful couples, many videos of many hilarious stories of drunken youth, many loopy driving directions to drop many people off at many different places, I'm back where I started. In more ways that one.

Stronger. Wiser. And definitely happier.

Puts a song
In this heart of mine
Puts a smile on my face every time

'Cause I love a rainy night
Yes I love a rainy night
Ooh I love a rainy night
Yeah I love a rainy night

PS: Formula One weekend at Taika on Sunday people. Brought to you by the fine people at Fosters. If you plan to attend, do track down the crazed fan with the huge ass Ferrari flag.

4 Comments:

At May 06, 2005 9:33 PM, Blogger wahgnube said...

By that logic, I've been old since conception.

Isn't life grand?

 
At May 07, 2005 1:06 PM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Yes, it is. It most surely is.

And I heard that one when I was like 15 or something. So go figure ;)

 
At May 09, 2005 12:45 AM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

ok go and come back soon!

 
At May 25, 2005 2:25 AM, Blogger Rat said...

Nice post :) . Im really glad i dont have internet at home because i fear what I will post on my blog in my post party buzzed states !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home