Monday, May 02, 2005

Of sandwiches and thambis

I shall be there at 630. Want me to get something to eat ?

Almost as soon as I sent the message, the phone buzzed. It was T.

T: So, sweetie, what time are you getting here ?
Me: I'm catching the 5:30 bus, so should be there before 6:30. Should I get something to eat ?
T: Sure. After you are done, wait at the corner. And listen, you are riding today.
Me: Yup. So how come you sound so happy today ?
T: Oh, nothing. Just... you are so sweet !
Me: Ummm... what do you want ? I already said I would get food. What else now ?
T: So are you going to ask me out to dinner ?
Me: Yeah, now that you said it... heheh... no da... listen I need to go and get some stuff done, so I will see ya at 6:30.


Later on the bus...

Me: Should I call her and find out if she wants a sandwich or a burger ? I have called her once already today. She will probably think I'm over doing it. But then again, I bought a sandwich on Friday. Should I get the same thing again ? Would that come across as being too boring ? Should I get her a chicken sandwich this time ? But then again, I wouldn't eat it, so she would have to herself. She would know that I bought it only for her. But that might be too much again... damn it... why do I care so much ? Double damn...


Want sandwich or burger ?

Phone rings.

T: Where are you, sweetie ?
Me: On the way...
T: What burger ?
Me: Just wanted to know if you want a burger or a sandwich...
T: Aw, thats so sweet of you. Either one, I'm not fussy.

Bought a sandwich. Waiting at the corner. She looked so nice in her formal work shirt and trousers.

T: Here, you ride.

Handing me the keys, she sat behind me on the scooty and took her helmet off. Her hair, oh my, her hair ! The wind through her wonderful curls, the way she was holding onto me. And then she said something that made me laugh out loud.

T: So you are my thambi kutti right ?
Me: Of course I am !


Over the course of the evening, she and I had about 3 fights. I tried to pin her to the ground and she got 4 or 5 kicks in. We laughed a lot. She pinched my cheeks about 5 times. She would go upto to K now and then, hold him and they would whisper. Making sure I could see.

It is such a battle - trying to figure out if you stay where you are or take a step forward. Oh, this is going to be fun. A whole truckload of fun !

13 Comments:

At May 02, 2005 9:05 pm, Blogger Kumari said...

And with one foot in air and the other on the cliff, he asked the wind, "Should i fly?"

:)

 
At May 02, 2005 11:31 pm, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

ohman... this is.. complicated..dare i ask.. "why vig?"

 
At May 02, 2005 11:39 pm, Blogger eM said...

Nothing says love quite like wrestling with your "friends".
Enjoy while it lasts, buddy :)

 
At May 03, 2005 12:54 am, Blogger Anurag said...

Monsoon is just around the corner. So is romance, I think. :))

 
At May 03, 2005 1:56 am, Blogger Mandar said...

yep, anurag! looks so to me too.

by the way, vig, ur post reminded me of my "days of wooing".

been there. done that. been successful. :-)

hope u r successful too. all the best, buddy! :-)

 
At May 03, 2005 3:57 am, Blogger rapunzel said...

oh oh.am i hyper-ventilating or am i just doing what you should be doing?

 
At May 03, 2005 7:25 am, Blogger Swathi said...

thambi kutti n mushy isnt it showing signs of incest? :-))

 
At May 03, 2005 10:56 am, Blogger Senthil said...

Way to go, Icarus! This brings back fond memories... sigh...

 
At May 03, 2005 12:36 pm, Blogger Vignesh said...

LadyK: That is probably the best thing anyone could have said in reply to this... I absolutely love it ! Where is that from ? I told T this... shes still thinking about it I guess ;) But it was absolutely wonderful !!! Thanks for that amazing way to capture EXACTLY what I'm going thru !!

Grrl: Yes, it is complicated. But I have a plan. Wanna know what it is ? Nothing. Im not doing anything about it. If it is meant to be, it will happen. If it is meant to be, how long can we fool ourselves ?

eM: What makes you say it will end ?

Anurang and Mandar: Success is relative. When do I claim I have succeeded ? I think I already have. I have to hand it to both of you (as Anurag puts it, for finding your Emily) but then again, is that what Im looking for ? Not sure... Im just having a great time thats all ;) And the weather IS getting better, what say ?!?!?

Rapz: I think you are doing what I hope I will be doing this weekend ;)

Swathi: Welcome back ! Hope your trip was all nice and stuff... yeah... I need to get our definition of thambi kutty cleared up sometime ;)

Senthil: HAHAHHHA !!! I'm getting a jetpack attached... will let you know how that goes ;)

 
At May 03, 2005 6:40 pm, Anonymous Marleny said...

I am just thankful to know that there's love going around the world. Thanks,Vig! Thanks T! Doesn't a sandwich and/or burger taste better than ever before, when we're in love?
And yes,you have been succesful already,both of you! You're flying!!

 
At May 03, 2005 9:55 pm, Blogger Kumari said...

I wrote it myself...didn't pick it up anywhere :)

 
At May 03, 2005 10:47 pm, Blogger Vignesh said...

Marl: Hehe.. thanks ! Yes, it does feel great... but I'm really careful with that four letter word... so... happy happy anyways !

LadyK: Really !?!??! I was sure it was from somewhere else... you really wrote it ? Thats awesome da !! I love that line !!!! I feel like your biggest fan right now !!!

 
At May 04, 2005 8:10 pm, Anonymous Marleny said...

Why would somebody write so much about somebody else,taking the effort to go into detail,describing feelings and events,secondguessing him/herself all the time,if it weren't for L-O-V-E *Mwuahahahaha,the dreadful word!* Isn't L-O-V-E what brings us together,what brings us up,down,sideways,inward,etc? If nothing like L-O-V-E is at stake,why secondguessing yourself so much? Now,don't give me the story of the friend that expects nothing...;) Have fun! Peace out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home