Sunday, May 01, 2005

I need a haircut and...

  • There is nothing quite like an afternoon siesta, after a hearty three course tambram lunch, cooked with immense love by a dear aunt. Especially in front of a cousin, as she sweats over her final year project.
  • This house hunt is really getting to me now. I spent the whole of last week trying to see this one house (various phuckups with the owner, agent and myself ensured that none of us could be in the same place at the same time). I finally managed to see it today morning. It was lovely, exactly what I wanted. And just my luck, the very day I decide to rent the damn place, the owner gets an offer he can't refuse. Leaving me at square one.
  • I missed The Truman Show on TV tonite. I absolutely love that movie. A friend of mine was depressed for a whole week after he saw that movie. Not cause it moved him so much or anything like that, but rather because he was so pissed with himself for not having thought of the idea for the movie in the first place. But I did see Pitch Black later in the night. The Im-a-bad-guy-but-Im-so-cool-that-I-could-be-the-good-guy character never had it better than Riddick. I was a bit disappointed with The Chronicles, but I guess they still have a chance to redeem themselves.
  • I used a sewing machine for the first time in my life today. I have 'used' one before, but then my mom made me promise I would never touch it after my attempts at stitching my cousin's glove. While his hands were still in it. Anyhoo, I had bought a few pants at a sale and they needed their height fixed. Makes for quick work with that machine. I never knew how complicated the mechanisms behind that machine were ! The things one learns on a Sunday evening !
  • I finally finished reading Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, Vol. 1) by Neal Stephenson . I cannot tell you know amazing it is. Read it. Its frelling awesome.
  • One of my best friends, someone I've known all the way from 5th grade, is getting married later this month. I've been spending a whole lotta time with her over the last few months, especially over the past two weeks. She left on Saturday. I guess when I see her the next time, she will be married. I'm not sure how things between us are going to change, considering shes like the best friend of the fairer sex I've ever had and all that. But I do know one thing fer sure - I'm going to miss her so much !

10 Comments:

At May 01, 2005 1:01 PM, Anonymous wahgnube said...

Long time close friends of the opposite sex getting married is evil.

I, for one, don't take such well. It's like, they've always been there and now they're abandoning you or something.

(With the emphasis on 'or something'.)

 
At May 01, 2005 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said that one of your long time friends is getting married....Is it grafx that is getting married?
Respond to "turbind@gmail.com" that is if you wants to?

 
At May 01, 2005 9:38 PM, Blogger Mandar said...

hey vignesh!

dont worry man. i dont think things will change too much between you two friends. i mean, why would they? of course, she's gonna have her limitations, but, its gonna be quite ok, i guess.

 
At May 01, 2005 9:52 PM, Blogger Kumari said...

Hey, looks like you finally did sth fruitful this wknd - like learning to use the sewingm/c. I still don't know that :(

And as for that good friend, trust me how much ever life may change, the rel'ship wouldn't disappear :)

 
At May 01, 2005 10:36 PM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

ROFLMAO.....Viggy.. lol!!!!!.....am so impressed at you using a "SMACHINE"!! yeah i snoozed through the chronicles myself..

ROFLMAO@ ANONYMOUS........ HHAHAHHAAHAHHAHHAH!!

(ok back to bed now......zzzzz)

 
At May 02, 2005 12:55 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

wahgnube: Yeah, it sucks. But EVERYONE of em is married or engaged. So I better get used to it !

Anon: What ?!?! Grrl is getting married ?!!? How could she !?!? She told me she would wait... I have no reason to live now... Bye bye cruel world...

Mandar: Guess the thing that pisses me off the most if the fact that she is leaving Blore. And now I have no one to hang out with and stuff... :(

LadyK: Sheesh, you don't know how to use one those things !! I shall endeavor to educate you when Im there in Chennai... which better be during the month of May I guess !! ;)

Grrl: How could you !?!? I heard you are getting married ?!?! And not even tell me... I could have been a contender, I could have been somebody... wait, wrong movie... but it applies none the less... so when is the wedding ?!!!?!? ;)

 
At May 02, 2005 12:56 AM, Blogger rapunzel said...

oh oh. EVERYBODY is getting married :((((( is it like an epidemic or something? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

 
At May 02, 2005 2:04 AM, Blogger Chicken Little said...

Um, and about houses...if it isn't the aesthetic, it's the landlord. If it isn't the landlord it's the nieghbourhood. And of course, then it's the painters and the polishers and the plumbers. I just went through the whole production :)

 
At May 02, 2005 3:04 AM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

still ROFLMAO......lol WHO on earth decided to get ma married.. and btw... lol i dont even know who the groom is... HOO? HOO?...lol this is so funny..

ok going back to sleep now

 
At May 02, 2005 9:14 AM, Blogger Elf said...

Friend getting married, huh? You might wat to make friends with the husband:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home