Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Worst post ever

  • The way I see it now, when you leave college, you leave behind the ability to make great friends. Friends-for-life kinda friends. As one such friend of mine put it, friends who would 'sit in traffic on Mount Road for you'. Well, maybe nothing that drastic, but great friends none the less. You gather acquaitances, you foster a bit of relationship with some people. The real deal is long gone, missed the boat and all that kinda stuff.
  • I figured out what I'm going to say to my son, lying on my deathbed -
    'Come... closer... closer... the treasure... its... the treasure... is buried... under...' *croak*.
    and/or
    'Come... closer... closer... your... your mother and... I... we never...' *croak*
  • I firmly beleive in The Uncertainty Principle. In life, you can never have any two things that you want, at the same time. The more you have of one, the less you have of the other. The more you look, the lesser are the chances that you will actually find what you started out looking for. 'Coz by that time either your idea of what it is that you want or the thing you are looking for, will have changed.
  • I have a heap of laundry to do. I have no clothes to wear next week. I went out and bought some more pants 'coz I ruined my favorite black work trousers. But I can't wear them, because those guys didn't fix the height... so back to soiled khakis for the rest of the week !
  • The second statement that I hold to be universally true is that at a high enough level of abstraction, everything is true. I have used this successfully in many technical and not-so technical discussions. Works like a charm to supplant that adage - if you can't convince them, confuse them !
  • I'm trying so hard now, it hurts. Trying hurts. Not trying hurts even more.
  • I have three bruises on my right hand, two on my left leg and one on my right knee. Most of them are because T beats me up too much. One is because she 'accidentally' dropped a scissor on my leg yesterday. The last is because I don't know how to stagefight nor do I know how to break my fall.
  • I had a third, I forget what it is now. So much for living with universal truths.

7 Comments:

At April 13, 2005 10:03 AM, Blogger Angel said...

worst comment ever: huh??
:P
jk
EVERYTHING is true, eh??
so, there IS a santa....

 
At April 13, 2005 7:23 PM, Blogger Mint Chutney said...

I agree that as you get older, the friends you make take on a different meaning. Hopefully the universal reasons why you consider them a friend, regardless of when you met, will still hold true.

So far I have discovered that you hang out with women who beat you up and enjoy a wet finger in their ear. I may officially be entering the way-too-much-information zone. Just kidding.

 
At April 13, 2005 9:43 PM, Blogger littlecow said...

nonono... old people become too busy with their lives to stop, take a good look and say "ah! there is a good friend" -- so dont ja worry!

 
At April 13, 2005 11:12 PM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

im baaaaaaack!!... sigh...yes its true..

ok WHY are you wandering around with a trained killer?... trying to maul you ?....and WHY do youlet it happen?..

dont try too hard.. it just might spoil whatever your doing...
*hugs*
ok will go back to sleep now.

 
At April 14, 2005 8:12 AM, Blogger Elf said...

ya, they say, once you enter the corporate world, you don't make friends, only acquaitances.
wonder they would say about office romances then??
nice blog of yours, this is..well..umm...ughh..aahhh...well....umm...*croak* ;)

 
At April 15, 2005 12:12 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

A: If your abstraction states that every large, red costumed man can be equated to Santa, then yes, at that level of abstraction, the proposition, Santa exists, is true !

MC: Friends do take on a new meaning. And I guess the friends you've had for the last, oh, I dont know, 20 years, become almost family !!

Right now, Im just taking what I can get. Clinging on !!!

Moo: Yup, our wonderfully busy lifestyles have a lot to do with it... compared to laidback-ness that was college !!

Grrl: Welcome back !!! The trained killer, happens to be someone who I really find myself comfortable with... so I don't have much of a choice is my gloriously platonic lady friend, is bent on scratching the skin off both my hands, one nail at a time !!

I will try not to try. But not to hard though ;)

Elf: I need to come up with a name... which Tolkien elf are ya ? Yup... Im planning on a rant about that today actually !!!

 
At April 15, 2005 5:17 AM, Blogger Angel said...

ohhh K. got that!! :|

 

Post a Comment

<< Home