Friday, April 01, 2005

The Man On My Back

I had a different post planned for today. It needs a bit more work and I will post that sometime over the weekend. In the meanwhile, I was reading this and thought that I should share it with you. I initially read it close on the heels of writing this, but I didn't get my hands on the book in which it was published till now.

The Man On My Back

               The man on my back
               Hates my guts
               Gives me no rest
               Spurns all I love best

The man on my back
Tears my dreams apart
Ravages my heart
Give him enough rope
He'll strangle every hope

               The man on my back
               He's a killer
               Kills the boy in me
               And the man that would be;
               The man on my back
               My replica.

- Pradip Sen, published in 'And Then The Sun - poems by Pradip Sen' © 1960, 1975 Pradip Sen.

6 Comments:

At April 01, 2005 9:15 PM, Blogger Raj said...

I'm the first to comment. woohoo. but um..I hate to break this to Mr.Sen, but if he's got a man on his back, then the fact that the man hates his guts is the least of his problems....

Vig, a thousand apologies for severely bringing down the average IQ of your blogosphere, but you know.

 
At April 01, 2005 11:25 PM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Ahh... I see Hawkeyes still works its magic on ya !

 
At April 02, 2005 12:20 AM, Blogger J said...

OK, here's my totally voluntary and spontaneous comment, coming just for u, treat it as extra baggage if u must, but I must comment cuz u don't believe that I read ur blog even though I keep repeating to u that I do all the time.

Now, after all this rambling... I’ve forgotten what I wanted to comment about.

 
At April 02, 2005 4:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok brain shut down until mommy goes back home..soo er.. i will just say *hugs* and be gone

 
At April 02, 2005 8:21 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

J: Nice. I do love your spontaneous comments !!

Grrl: It wasn't totally obvious that it wasn't shut down even before mom got here ;)

 
At April 04, 2005 2:21 AM, Blogger J said...

Now that u say u love it, i shall see to it that u dont get it :-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home