Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Unconditional love

Thanks to the stupid mofos at BESCOM, I have been without electricty at my apartment for the last 4 days. They claim I haven't paid my bill... a receipt of which I deposited with them 2 days ago. Anyways, thanks to that, I've been getting three scrumptuous meals a day, at my aunt's place. There I was sitting there, reading my Uncle Fred Omnibus, when,

Periups (dad's elder brother): Look at this lazy lump, sitting there doing nothing useful. Come and help me iron my shirts. [Basically press the shirts, for my American readers, if there are any]
Me: Periups, I was actually thinking about asking you to iron mine.
P: Dei somberi [lazy bugger, in Tamil], when I was your age, your father and myself, we used to wash and iron your grandfather's clothes everyday before we went to college. And now you want me to iron yours ?
[Paternal granny walks in]
P: Amma, look at this boy, look at what he is asking me to do. He should be doing it for me and instead...
Granny: Yes, he just got back from a tiring day outside [This was Tuesday, the day I took off from work and was at a movie and later at Landmark. While my Periups had to go to work.]. Let him rest. Why don't you do that atleast for him ?
Me: *triumphant smile*
P: *looking at me, smiling* See, such is her love for you....

Yes, unconditional love rocks.

13 Comments:

At March 23, 2005 11:18 PM, Blogger J said...

i dont have a paati :(

 
At March 23, 2005 11:24 PM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

whats a Paati!?!

anyways.. i have two absolutely (whats the word?!) grammas.. one is used to being attended to hand and foot.. and the other one is a hundred miles away.. and er.. im a bit too scared to EVEN try to get her to pity me..lol..
can i borrow yours?

 
At March 23, 2005 11:28 PM, Blogger Vignesh said...

J: Awww...

Grrl: Patti means granny in Tamil. Its good that your tamil vocabulary is improving via my blog !! You can borrow mine anytime.. Im sure she will love you !

 
At March 23, 2005 11:36 PM, Blogger J said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At March 23, 2005 11:38 PM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

oh cool!! ermm.. i wonder if she will mind being hoisted off every now and then..poor gramma...lol..

and yes will come for Tamil tution now...i wanted to test my Fumbly tamil out on someone at work the other day and as i handed them something i said " erthuh koranga"... instead of "erthuhkonga"....i was temporarily deaf at the laughter that blew up the whole place..sigh..

 
At March 23, 2005 11:52 PM, Blogger Vignesh said...

J: She has handled 3 generations ! Im sure two more additions aint going to be that big a deal !!

Grrl: Ahh yes, the trials and tribulations of learning Tamil. Its good fun once you have learnt it though.. automen love cute grrls trying to speak tamil !! ;)

 
At March 23, 2005 11:59 PM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

ive only had them give me a very amused look and then ask me if im from Japan.....sigh

 
At March 24, 2005 2:11 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Hahhaahha !! From Japan indeed... aren't automen chweeeet !!

 
At March 24, 2005 2:43 AM, Blogger Angel said...

dei somberi..what are u doing reading comments...go do something useful!!!

 
At March 24, 2005 4:49 AM, Blogger Senthil said...

Heh... man, you bring back memories. Another month left for the homeward trip... sigh...

 
At March 24, 2005 8:41 PM, Blogger Mint Chutney said...

A tiring day of movies and window shopping...you poor thing.

 
At March 24, 2005 9:44 PM, Blogger Vignesh said...

A: Look whos talking... why arent you at college ? Sitting around and commenting when you should be expanding your horizons.. sheesh... kids these days...

Sen: Hang in there.. its just a month !!

MC: I actually bought some stuff you know !! Said Wodehouse and some officewear...

 
At March 26, 2005 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jess dropping by to say HI!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home