Monday, March 21, 2005

Things I learnt over the weekend

  • Surprising at it may sound, some auto drivers in Bangalore are actually nice human beings. So much so that it gets annoying. The guy who was driving me around on Sunday morning, stopped to follow every traffic rule, always let pedestrians pass and get this... even stopped when he spotted a stray dog, to feed it a loaf of bread. A new pack of bread, it wasn't something that he wanted to throw away, it was something he bought. For this purpose I guess. When the tab came to Rs.32.50 and I gave him a hundred, he gave me Rs.70 back. Wow !
  • A finger wet with saliva, in my cousin's ear, still makes her do anything I want. Bring me more food, bring me more candy, give me your share of the plum cake... muhuhahahahhaha !!!
  • Giving in to pedestrians, while driving, is a sign of weakness. Never display such weakness in public.
  • Real estate agents are funny creatures. They seem to understand everything you say, when you say it. Then when it comes to utilizing that understanding, they see to completely forget what they previously seem to have understood. 'I want a two bedroom house for ten thousand' seems to translate to 'I want a single bedroom or three bedroom house for anywhere between five thousand to fifteen thousand'. I think I'm just going to have to clean out the single I have now and put up with it.
  • I have to run, leaving this blog post abpruptly incom...

9 Comments:

At March 21, 2005 6:09 AM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

eew gross!!!! WHAT makes you put a wet finger into ANYONES ear for that matter.. *eew* *eew* *eew*!!!

when i first arrived in chennai.. i had auto drivers ask me all kinds of personal questions.. err. umm. so yes.. i think i know what you mean..some of them extremely alarming....well the ones who were regulars on my street chose to adopt me for some reason.. and so i could never really GO anywhere without letting them know where i was going.. then wait patiently for them to finish with their fighting with other auto drivers about WHY they couldnt take me for a ride and why ONLY they could.. ( err umm ok that didnt come out right)....* giggle*...... but its true..i got told off once that i had hurt one auto driver very badly because it was hsi day to drive me to work and i had taken some *stranger* instead.. oh well..

 
At March 21, 2005 6:46 AM, Blogger Angel said...

->hmm auto-drivers in B'lore...DEFINITELY more human than those in Delhi!!

->wet finger???*ewwwwws along with Grrl*

->giving in to pedestrians...a weakness, you say? INTERESTING.

->plum cake, you say? YUMMMY!

->interesting read, it was fun to re..

 
At March 21, 2005 1:25 PM, Blogger Mint Chutney said...

Word of advice. Don't mention the wet finger in the ear thing to any woman you are remotely interested in dating. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

 
At March 21, 2005 9:29 PM, Blogger neha vish said...

:)
Just fresh from having changed houses twice in the last one year. So relate to this!

 
At March 21, 2005 10:19 PM, Blogger Vignesh said...

All: A wet finger is sometimes the only defense a man has. Especially when he is being bitten, smacked and kicked. I need to protect my manhood along with my kidneys...

Grrl: Yes, I used to have a few dudes like that. They tried sooo hard to get me to meet some 'ladies' they thought would be perfect for a college student gathering... I did relent once and bought ganja from them... but only because they forced me to ;)

A: Stop it with the plum cake !! You gonna get more good stuff this weekend.. so better pass some of that around..

Minty: Im sure 'my woman' where ever she might be, will find it extremely arousing !!!

N: Yeah, I think Im going to settle for a 4 bedroom duplex that he showed me yesterday, for about 18K !!! Yeah right !!!

 
At March 21, 2005 11:30 PM, Anonymous neha said...

In Hyd, I was shown a 3 BHK in Banjara Hills for 22K. I had asked for a 1 Bedroom apartment, or a 1BHK for 4K.

Oh but the other major trouble I've had is that a lot of people don't want a single woman taking up their lovely house on rent. As though I am going to arbitrarily shit and pee around. Or perhaps what they were hinting at is that I could be a 'bad' girl. Ha ha! I will bring 'Baays' to home and do bad things no!

I finally told one landlady that I was married and I would have a husband moving in. Moved in and told her, that I wasn't married at all. Too funny. *Grin*

 
At March 22, 2005 12:25 AM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

forced you to..... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah righttttttttt
*meahahahahhaa*

 
At March 22, 2005 7:47 AM, Blogger Primalsoup said...

Nice auto wallah's???? Now, I have seen it all, will die a happy woman! :)

 
At April 05, 2005 2:17 PM, Blogger Rajesh J Advani said...

Auto-wallah's in Chennai are the worst in the world. Well at least they better be, because if there are auto-wallah's who are worse than them, then this world is not a safe place to be in anymore.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home