Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Quick draw synapses

Yes, relaxation. Sitting around on the balcony of an idyllic guesthouse, sipping my coffee, watching all these college kids stream past, one starts to reminisce one's wonder years.

Ahhh, yes. College. Such sweet memories of all those wonderful friends, of all those bunked classes, of all those times we hitched a ride on basically any available means of transport - be it bullock cart or flatbed trailer - to get back to civilization... ahh, yes, those we fun days indeed...

Synaptic Lockdown Mechanism HQ *alarm bells blaring* This is Gen. Grey Matter. Code Red everyone, the nincompoop is at it again, trying to fire the Forbidden Synapses. Sources tell me that we are in an alcohol deprived zone... We need to stop him before it gets too late... Battlestations everyone, battlestations !

...great friends, great times, indeed. I remember the time, L refused to bunk college coz it was too hot outside and me and P wanted to get to the city pretty bad. There was someone else there with us that day...

*red lights, sirens going off*
Lt.:
Sir, he is getting too close.
Gen.: I know, Lt., I know.
Lt.: Sir, shall we initiate shutdown ?
Gen.: Not yet. Deploy Plan DD.
Lt.: Plan DD ! Are you sure, sir ?!?!
Gen.: Just do it, godammit !

... ahh, P. What a body ! Man I remember the time she was wearing that wonderful dress for the party at R's. Dancing with her was heaven in two cups of joy ! But I didn't go with her to that party... Who did I go with to that party ?

*Call from Hippocampus Command*
Command: Gen., we've held him off for as long as we can. He is right at our doorstep... We can't hold off these synapses for ever ! We need reinforcements !

Gen.:
I'm givin it all I got, sir !

Lt.:
We are losing him, sir ! It's too early to initiate shutdown !

Gen.:
I know Lt., I know. What I wouldn't give for a sign of some vodka now !


... I went with ... her ! Goddammit !! Why did I have to think about her now ?!?!?! Damn you, brain !

*Death and destruction reigns, defeated, Gen. Grey Matter, lies bruised*
Rally the troops ! We were caught off guard today, he fired them Forbidden Synapses too darn quick. But someday men, someday, we shall prevail ! Time, shall show them axons for their true worth... revelling in memories long dead... move on men, move on. There are other days, other battles.

16 Comments:

At March 29, 2005 10:59 PM, Blogger Anurag said...

Vig,

Enjoying yourself in IIT-KGP? If you feel bored, remember that you would have been working 9 - 5 in the office had it not been for the conference. Will make you feel better immediately. :)

 
At March 30, 2005 1:47 AM, Blogger Angel said...

hmmmm. WHAT have you been eating/reading/watching??

 
At March 30, 2005 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cant wait to go away myself....

 
At March 30, 2005 5:05 AM, Anonymous neha said...

Happy Birthday to you. (Or some such other delirious statement!)

 
At March 30, 2005 5:52 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Hmm.. so much for my thinking that this post represents my pinnacle of achievement in all things literary...

Anurag: Most definitely yes. The nice A/C guesthouse, amazingly good food and wonderful ambience and not to mention the hectic-ness of Blore life, are making this quite the trip !

A: Thanks for appreciatating above said best literary effort every !

Grrl: I believe that by now, you are indeed gone.

N: I thought you of all people would see the brilliance in this post. But no... sheesh !

 
At March 30, 2005 11:21 AM, Blogger eM said...

Ah.. college days! *looks back fondly then realises college days weren't really THAT far away so goes on to think about school days instead with misty-eyed expression*

 
At March 30, 2005 10:29 PM, Blogger Kumari said...

It is a beautiful post...Hope the Lt & Gen win the battle next time...better still hope there is no next time :)
Have fun dude!

 
At March 31, 2005 12:01 AM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

im gone?.. what do you mean?..where? huh? eh?

 
At April 01, 2005 8:18 AM, Blogger rapunzel said...

if "she" was part of this blissful college life, how can it hold sweet memories??they'd be bitter sweet wouldnt they?? and bittersweet is always actually more bitter than sweet i think....

 
At April 01, 2005 10:28 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

eM: Yes, young one. Much experience I have... many years since I left that land... learn from you though still I !

LadyK: On a break the Lt. and Gen. be. Good life has been, guarding not necessary !

Grrl: Gone ? Gone where you are ?

R: Yes, bittersweet the memories are. Memories are all, in life, we sometimes have. Live we can with those memories. As said the Gen. - move on men, move on.

Aplogies to all, who weren't feeling like listening to Yoda tonite. I, very much influenced by watching the Episode III trailer again, had an irreristable urge to talk like the jedi master.

 
At April 01, 2005 10:43 AM, Blogger baddn said...

With no itention to digress from the nectarine prose and its emotional invocations...Talking about college, what the hell happend to Little O, the Big R, small T and the One & Only ABC ???

Time to bring Gen.Patton and the Red-Ball Express to central command !

 
At April 01, 2005 10:58 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Baddn, ol buddy ol chum ! I see the troop is slowing starting to show up ! Good job boys !

Anyways, yes, Patton was the inspiration behind the Gen. Recently I actually told someone who was going nowhere in a conference - 'Lead me, follow me or get the hell outta my way'. I got pretty much the same reaction you did when you threw von Neuman's quip about pseudo random number generators and sin, at that lady who taught us system simulation !

Please elaborate on the names, I have no idea who you refer to there ! Its late and for the life of me, cannot think of a single person whose name starts with a T !!

 
At April 01, 2005 8:57 PM, Blogger Raj said...

*stumbles in inebriated from Hawkeyes, reads Badri's carefully worded comment, looks up 'nectarine' in the dictionary and wonders if 'nerdilicious' is a word, then goes back to filing his nails....*

 
At April 01, 2005 11:07 PM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Hahahah !! Hmmm.... Hawkeyes ! Me miss Guiness....

 
At September 27, 2005 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Lord .... I`m working like John Nash over here trying to crack your code.... tell me... did we really go to the same college?
.....and ya... hi,how r u, long time no talk ...
sanjeev

 
At January 23, 2006 8:17 AM, Anonymous Electronics News Lover said...

Hello, i was looking for some info on electronics online on blogger and i found your blog. First welldone to have made one on this topic. Could you just keep it more updated ?
Where else to go to get info on electronics online ?
Thanks
Klein

 

Post a Comment

<< Home