Tuesday, March 15, 2005

A new kind of

Shes single. Shes smart. She has a great sense of humor. She has the prettiest eyes I have seen in a long time. And that smile, oh, what an infectious smile ! Being with her is great fun, we talk about all sorts of things and are totally comfortable with each other. We rag on each other so much, it gets on other people's nerves. She describes me as an overgrown teddy bear to her friends. And I can't stop telling people what wonderful fun she is.

Oh, and did I mention that I am totally, absolutely, completely un-attracted to her ? And neither is she (I hear the whole lot of you going, of course she isn't. Zip it, people) I call her 'akka' and she calls me 'thambi kutty' (Akka in Tamil means elder sister and thambi means younger brother).

It feels great to be able to make friends again. Feels great to meet someone and not go all on the defensive, building up all sorts of walls... not because you think they are upto something, but because you don't trust yourself. Because you don't trust yourself not to push too hard. Not to push for the wrong things. Not to love for all the wrong reasons.

Yes, readers, I do beleive the traumatic past months have left me pretty f8cked in the head, but... I'm getting there. Yup, I'm getting there.

13 Comments:

At March 15, 2005 3:41 am, Blogger Angel said...

good for you!!you're getting there!

 
At March 15, 2005 4:24 am, Blogger J said...

Don't worry about temptation, as you grow older, it starts avoiding you! ;)

Get married!!!

 
At March 15, 2005 5:06 am, Blogger Kumari said...

And that my dear Geni-Ass is 'A small step for The Man but a great leap for the Little Dude'

Keep Walking! :)
(And no i did NOT mean Johnny Walker!)

 
At March 15, 2005 6:02 am, Blogger jax said...

I know how this one feels like.I made a friend like that a couple of years ago,and suddenly everything fell in its right place!

Enjoy dude!

 
At March 15, 2005 6:35 am, Blogger Matthew (Appoose) said...

That, my friend, is a sign of emotional maturity. There is however the When-Harry-Met-Sally theory which states that men and women can't be "just friends" without one of them wanting more. I don't believe it but the feeling is out there.

 
At March 15, 2005 9:19 am, Blogger Vignesh said...

A: Well, not as far as I would have wanted to be ! But yes, I guess I am. Slowly...

J: Who's worried ?!! I just give in ! Easy isn't it ?!?!

LadyK: I do love those huge yellow hoardings... they convey so much ;)

Jax: Dude ?!?! You married ?!??! ;) Yeah I totally understand what you are saying... it just doesnt happen ofter enough I guess ;)

Matthew: Thanks for dropping by... emotional maturity... I guess you could call it that... but its something that I had in abundance once, and I lost. Im trying to find again. And I so totally do not subscribe to that theory... !!

 
At March 15, 2005 5:26 pm, Blogger Matthew (Appoose) said...

Just for the recored, Matthew's mom (Sini) wrote the post. (I'm sure you realized that). It would be ironic if a 4 year old boy was commenting on emotional maturity..

 
At March 15, 2005 8:09 pm, Blogger Vignesh said...

Hmm... alrightie then !!

 
At March 15, 2005 11:57 pm, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

hey.. nice to see that your healing too..
yes i know....
platonic pals can heal so well sometimes. when they really KNOW how to be platonic..
hope you heal and heal well..

 
At March 16, 2005 12:56 am, Blogger Vignesh said...

Hmmm.. that sounds loaded as you would say ;) But why be soo damn cute and make it so hard to be platonic ?!?!!? ;)

 
At March 16, 2005 1:43 am, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

ahhhh!! the plot thickens!! does she know?

 
At March 16, 2005 3:02 am, Blogger Vignesh said...

Umm... I didnt realise that it sounded that way... I was kinda trying to be funny there... I meant it when I said I have absolutely no 'feelings' for her !!

 
At March 16, 2005 8:38 pm, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

ahh er.. umm *scratches her head* ok.. if you say so.. * creeps away sneaking backward glances*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home