Tuesday, March 01, 2005

6 years in 28 minutes

There you are, going through life, looking at old photos, thinking about friends you aren't in touch with, lusting for a time long gone. You sit there wondering if anything can possibly happen to put that spark of life back into you. Wondering if anything will ever happen, that will make you smile. Smile from deep within, grinning from ear to ear. Laugh out loud. You almost give up hope. And that's when it happens. Life decides to throw a huge soft pillow right at your head and when you turn around, you see a big smile and hear a big 'Gotcha !!'.

My name is Prasanna Vignesh Ganesan. To anyone following this, it should be all too clear where I'm headed. But I shall re-live the wonderfully quirky events of yesterday once again, more for my own pleasure than yours !

LadyK and I, have a history. It is quite amazing to see two people, meeting randomly in the backwaters of the blogging world, in the most accidental of ways, and realising that they indeed know each other. Really now, how small is this world ?

Myself and VB used to trip her with this other guy, R, who was also a participant in the IIT-JEE charade. She feels extremely amused at the fact that a guy who never spoke to her for the duration of the year we took those classes, now considers himself a fan of her writing. I have to agree, its very quaint, and very, very funny. I haven't stopped smiling since this whole thing started last night :)

I think that this is life telling you something. Its life asking you to realise the things that you miss out on. The people that you miss out on. The chances that you lose. And the chances that you get. She and her friend, apparently, used to refer to me as a geni-ass ;) Be that as I may, LadyK, I'm not missing out on chances a second time around.

Heres to being a fan and being a friend. Heres to 6 years lost and regained in a wonderful 28 minutes.

24 Comments:

At March 01, 2005 11:14 pm, Blogger J said...

hmmmmmmmmm. maybe u n i have a common connection too. wanna figure that out? :-p

 
At March 01, 2005 11:22 pm, Blogger Kumari said...

I heard a cry in the night,
A thousand miles it came,
Sharp as a flash of light,
My name, my name!
It was your voice I heard,
You waked and loved me so --
I send you back this word,
I know, I know!

There you have it Geni-Ass, the poetic angle to a wonderful prose :p:p

And i hate you for bringing R into this again :-D

 
At March 01, 2005 11:25 pm, Blogger Vignesh said...

Sorry, I couldn't help it. R is such a vital ingredient of our history though right !! ;)

 
At March 01, 2005 11:26 pm, Blogger Vignesh said...

J: Don't know about any past history, but would love to write some next week ! ;)

 
At March 01, 2005 11:39 pm, Blogger Kumari said...

ahem...ahem...fan, friend and now Traitor???
*sigh*

 
At March 01, 2005 11:47 pm, Blogger Vignesh said...

Would I ? Would I ever ?!!? Why don't we wait a while... and we shall all see who the real TRAITOR is ;)

 
At March 01, 2005 11:51 pm, Anonymous neha said...

Damn! Now I feel all left out! Even I want a connection.. err.. history!

:)
But damn cute!

 
At March 01, 2005 11:53 pm, Blogger Kumari said...

grrr...makes me want to write my "version" of the whole episode :-D

 
At March 01, 2005 11:55 pm, Blogger Vignesh said...

Hhee.. you should write a poem out of it ! That might be more suited to your talent !!

 
At March 02, 2005 12:13 am, Blogger Vignesh said...

N: Lets see... we can try to find something... Im sure.. all us Tams will have something in common, if we go back long enough ;) Eppadi namma idea !?!?

 
At March 02, 2005 12:48 am, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

wow thats amazing.. wish i had such a reunion.!~!!!
thats really cool!!
hears to new friendships!!

 
At March 02, 2005 1:17 am, Blogger Vignesh said...

Grrl: Six years down the line, I can probably come up to you and whisper 'kindred' in your ears. And what a reunion that would be huh !! ;)

 
At March 02, 2005 1:21 am, Anonymous neha said...

Super idea!
For all you know your aunt's mother-in-law's greatgrandmother's best friend in Pattu Class was my greatgranduncle's wife's brother's daughter-in-law's aunt.

Err?

Or we could always go back to the days when our ancestors were swinging from the trees?? :D

 
At March 02, 2005 1:33 am, Blogger Vignesh said...

Whoa ! You know Chakku patti ?!?!?! ;) Thats awesome !!

 
At March 02, 2005 2:17 am, Blogger jithu said...

Mannnn...hey, dunno if it is a sort of meeting up with good ol' people. Exaclty the same now!

Ah, here is this guy known to me for more than 6 years ago and blogs too now. I know he is exactly the same one...And I cant think of our meeting in any other place other than the IIT-JEE prep classes dude...

How can one forget the days of Dr.M , Ananthu and the Road Roko Chem guy?!

Figuring out who this can be...Guess who?!!! Not so tuff tho...Our paths would have changed...stills the memories would remain...would be glad to get in touch !

tc..

J

 
At March 02, 2005 2:21 am, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

lol ok.. * starts waiting.. year 1...*

 
At March 02, 2005 7:33 am, Blogger Primalsoup said...

The world is eeriely small for my comfort! And I am glad those IIT JEE classes have some purpose after all! :)

 
At March 02, 2005 8:11 am, Blogger Vignesh said...

LOL ! Soups, you read my mind. This the the ONLY good thing that has come out of the classes that I took ! LadyK, thanks ;)

 
At March 02, 2005 10:18 am, Blogger Vignesh said...

Hi J, myself and LadyK have tried to arrive at a conclusion at to who you could be... I have a vague suspicion, but as you say, its been more than 6 years and I really can't be sure. Any more hints ?!?! ;)

 
At March 03, 2005 1:05 am, Blogger jithu said...

Oh boy,

seems to some sort of collective skepticism:-)

anyways, introducing oneself is the toughest job... this is jithendriya here...used to cycle all the way from sboa to krishnaswamy i believe..:)for these classes...there used to be a band of guys from my school who initially attended...and recession follwed next...

anyways not to worry...if u cant conclude...there is always a next time:)

-J

 
At March 07, 2005 11:25 am, Blogger Angel said...

sheesh I feel like such an outsider!!
hmm lots of inside jokes and memories here...knock yourselves out, people!
glad for you, Vig.
It IS a small world....that autodriver in delhi turned out to be my blog buddy too....
NAH...my life is certainly boring.I shall retreat to my little corner now.

 
At March 09, 2005 2:23 am, Blogger Vignesh said...

Thats what you get for running away for like the longest time !! Not to worry though, I shall make sure you are kept uptodate of all things Vignesh soon enough ;)

 
At March 09, 2005 2:27 am, Blogger Angel said...

yeah I'm waiting for THAT!...(NOT!!)

 
At February 08, 2007 4:14 pm, Blogger samvith said...

dude, its amazing how open you are with your life on a blog.. i can never do that. oh , btw, i've tried linking to your blog but for some reason it wasn't working! gonna try again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home