Monday, February 21, 2005

I thought Mondays were supposed to be like this...

6:45 am: Wake up to alarm, figure out how to shave 5 minutes off the daily routine, get back to sleep.
6:54 am: (Yes, my celly's alarm clock jumps 9 minutes on the snooze, wierd huh ?!?) Get up, repeat, sleep again.
7:03 am: Get up this time and think real hard about the pros and cons of waking up early. Decide its worth it and get up.
7:23 am: All showered, shaved, dressed and ready to battle perfectionist theatre directors and IIT-Bombay professors.
7:28 am: Catch an auto, head to rehearsals.
7:47 am: Auto breaks down. No, wait. The dumbass, actually tries to replace the empty LPG cylinder, with another empty cylinder, saying that the 'vandi' will 'fly' soon. Right, sure.
8:09 am: Being too close to the final desitination, no auto is willing to come by. Finally, manage to get one, for an exhorbitant rate.
8:16 am: End up at rehearsals, 16 full minutes late. Everyone glaring. Demanding 50 pushups. Yeah right, they barely got 2.
8:43 am: Director compares your best shot at the opening scene of Act 2, to Snoop Dogg having a bad cold.
9:13 am: Death defying ride on the back seat of a Sport version Activa (The ride on that was the wierdest position I have ever found myself in, with a woman, on a bike. In public.) Catch shuttle to work.
9:55 am: iPod hangs. Yes, it actually hangs. In the middle of Heavy Fuel by Dire Straits - prepping up for the Knopfler concert - it just stopped. Didn't know the trick to re-starting it, so left with no music and nothing to read for the rest of the ride.
9:57 am: Crazy, lunatic, noisy bike riding maniac tries to squeeze between the bus and the divider. Gets rammed, falls and misses getting run over by the bus by inches. (To give you a real feel for it, if the bus had run over him, I would have been splattered with his brains). The bike wasn't that lucky - the bus tears it apart.
10:14 am: Arrive at work, 2 meetings today. Birthday party in the evening. Presentation for tomorrow not done yet. Emails !
11:00 am: Start blogging (does commenting fall under the general activity of blogging?).
12:00 pm: Lunch time !!!!

Now, boys and girls, the moral of the story lies in its gradual progression from pissed off, all the way to moderately happy, through gratuitious violence (or the potential of). And I even figured out how to restart my iPod. Music while I read documents that should never have been written, but have been written and what's worse - written in MS Excel.

13 Comments:

At February 22, 2005 3:04 AM, Blogger Primalsoup said...

Excel Documents, 50 push-ups, Almost splattered brains???
I think the Excel Documents were truly the low point! :)
And, IPod! How cool is that...

 
At February 22, 2005 3:42 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Trust you me ! For the life of me, I cant figure out why this shit is in EXCEL ! MS Word, is great for textual documents, don't you agree ? MS Visio, for all sorts of nice pretty pictures ! Why try to make text and pretty pictures in f***ing Excel, which can't even handle numbers right in the first place ?!?! AAArrrhhhhhgggghhh !!!

 
At February 22, 2005 4:07 AM, Blogger lazybones said...

damn ur world sounds more fun than ours..but then when ur background music dies on u...that sucks...excel is just damaging...

 
At February 22, 2005 5:04 AM, Blogger Kumari said...

Er...i have been doing blog-hopping now coz my schedule is just not letting me blog and the more blogs i see, the more i get J with people's lifestyle!
Sniff! sniff!

My last encounter with anything spelt as D-R-A-M-A was on Feb14, 2004 for a play by Evam :(

May you excel in EXCEL :p

 
At February 22, 2005 6:26 AM, Blogger Angel said...

heya iPOD user(and cribber)!
I bet your day changed for the better...a little birdie told me an angel flew by and made it all sunny and bright!!
btw, this friend 'who wears communities as badges'do i know her???;;)
I am one-up in eavesdr...I mean general knowledge.

 
At February 22, 2005 10:08 PM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Bones [said in the same tones as by the late Capt. James Tiberius Kirk of the USS Enterprise to his medical officer Doctor Leonard 'Bones' McCoy]: Yes, Excel sucks (phew!)

K: This is what really happened - was late for rehearsal, iPod broke, a man on a bike almost died. The rest is just fluff ;)

A: Yes, the little birdie was very right. And you are getting good at this eavesdr... I mean, knowledge gathering, I guess...

 
At February 23, 2005 12:31 AM, Blogger Grafxgurl said...

oh my god i LOVE IPODS.. well.. anything to DO with a Mac i guess
im a Maccie.. a DIE -HARD MAc fan and own a BEEE Yooo DIFUL IMAC me self.. lol... okies.. will stop drooling now.. totally off on a tangent..
HIlarious read!!LOVED it.. make me laugh summore!

 
At February 23, 2005 12:37 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Yes, something about you screams MacAddict ! I came very close to buying one but fell to the dark forces of the IBM Corporation. Must.... resist.... temptation.... ThinkPad good.... Nooo....

 
At February 23, 2005 3:33 AM, Blogger rapunzel said...

male bridget jones, eh? and desi to boot!!!;-)

 
At February 23, 2005 5:36 AM, Blogger Vignesh said...

R: Hmmmmm... Embarrassing as it is, I must admit that your hyperbole has passed right above my head. Duh ?

 
At February 23, 2005 8:39 PM, Blogger J said...

Gimme a hi-five! Mark Knopfler rocks!!! Cant wait till 7th.

 
At February 23, 2005 8:44 PM, Blogger rapunzel said...

vignesh-i was errrr.....referring to bridget jones diary?the book and de movie thingie??:-/

 
At February 23, 2005 9:20 PM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Yes, I know of the movie and I know of the book, having seen neither. 'male bridget jones' is what had me there. And still does...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home