Monday, October 06, 2003

How many conversations have we all had that can be held only with strangers? I'm sure most of us have had our share. And I'm not even talking about online chats or anything like that. I'm talking about people you meet at a random event People you meet in physical space, in person. As one of my friends would call em, general people. And you know what the topics would be... We all need to talk about metaphysics - the answer to life, the universe and everything. Those who know us well want details and specifics - that throws most of us off. Strangers allow us to operate more vaguely - on a much larger, grander scale. We all need to talk about personal issues, issues that you would never ever discuss with a close friend, but would be totally candid about to a total stranger. When the talk occurs between two people who could plausibly have sex together, it gathers a special charge. And they never go very far, let me tell you. You either do something about "it" or you don't. In a situation like that, no amount of talk can hide the direction that conversation is heading in. Ever noticed how you can only say "I feel like I've known you for years" to someone you have not known for years ?? Funny, how your loved ones and significant other(s) doesn't understand the bittersweet beauty of life as well as a stranger. Especially if drinking is involved. Or blogging.

Hope you, you and you read this. You know who I'm talking about. I mean you. And you too. And finally, you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home