Monday, August 18, 2003

This is the second time I've almost completed my post and then decided it was too stupid to click the button on. Here goes ver2.0.

"[referring to the end of the universe]... There on one corner of the street was a Starbucks. And across the street from that Starbucks, in the exact same building as that Starbucks... There was a Starbucks. I looked back and forth thinking the sun was playing tricks with my eyes, but there it was... a Starbucks across the street from a Starbucks. And that my friends, is the end of the universe.".
--- Comedian Lewis Black, Comedy Central Presents 2002.

That man is one of the best. You really should listen to the whole rant to realize the true import of his teachings. My take on all this is simple, its just coffee. Its just freaking coffee. I love coffee. I can't live without coffee. But I have to admit, this is getting out of hand. I feel intimidated in one of those places. And I'm from south India. Chennai ! People in Chennai cannot start the day without the kaapi. And this has been since the dawn of time. Where was I going with all this... ah yes, the proliferation of the governments latest ploy to take over the world, Starbucks. This is insane... I'm not making much sense here... this entry is not funny even with quotes from Lewis Black. That, my friends, is the end of this blog post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home