Wednesday, August 13, 2003

I have faith. I have belief in a higher power. I don't believe in too many things supernatural. I do believe in life on other rocks. Given all that, I'm not a very religious person. I drink, I have tried certain things that I shouldn't never try again. Does any of this make me less religious, or should it make me any less acceptable to my religious peers ? People who believe in strict laws of an organised religion. Are they really religious ? Some of them are, some of them are a sham. Why do so many people care so much about their opinions ? Do I ? In the presence of certain religious factions, I have felt something that a good friend calls the persons aura. Was it just my imagination ? They can say what they way, preach what they preach, do what they do. That affects things around me, my parents and their generation. Does it affect us ? Should it ? Are we defying our culture, our heritage if we aren't affected by it ? If we are affected by it ? Can they decide what faith is, what faith should be ? What we can and can't do because of the beliefs that we are supposed to belong to ? Does it affect what we believe ? Can we still live our lives as we want to, hold onto values that we want to hold onto (within certain limits of course) ? Can we still have our own faith ? Our own individual identities ?

I still have mine. I have faith.

Update: Remember the bit of news that I was gonna tell you ? Well, things didn't work out so, there ain't much to tell. So ... it wasn't just a stickness ploy !! As someone suggested !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home