Thursday, July 31, 2003

"I tell you, those voices soared. Higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made these walls dissolve away...and for the briefest of moments -- every last man at Shawshank felt free."

That is the power of the words. Words that can move you, make you feel emotions that life doesn't evoke in you. I was completely moved by those words the first time, and by the whole movie as such. A wonderful story, beautifully told, marvellously enacted, magically filled to the brim with that most wonderful of human emotions - Hope.

"Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free."

And now to the baseless ramble. I am a new blogger, and have a rich history and tradition of blogging to catch up on. Hence I assiduously pursue my blogging research. And the result of my research ? My blog sucks ! I've been to other blogs, that have had a constant stream of visitors since their inception. Averaging about 25-40 visitors a day. Myself, I'm lucky if I get 3 ! I am going to change the layout a bit... but more importantly - I lack something that brings people back to blogs - Creativity.

I have never been very creative at anything in life... I don't sing, I flail about a bit (call it dancing), I don't play any musical instruments, I can't play any sport well, I can't draw or paint or anything and my last resort, as I sadly found out, I can't write. Welcome to the real world Viggy.

The best I can do is, direct you to people who can write. And boy, do they do a good job of it. Read, blog and enjoy. And I shall go and.... does it matter ?

And this isn't about my blog's popularity or anything, just a rant about my personal deficiencies. I sometimes feel my biggest problem is - lacking the courage to do anything about it.

1 Comments:

At February 02, 2009 8:50 AM, Blogger Anaka said...

Never been creative in your life it seems. Way to go selling yourself. Obviously you learned to change that tactic well before you got me... or any comments on your blog :) love you baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home