Thursday, July 17, 2003

Feeling inspired due to no reason in particular, I decided to try making dosas. Armed with one of the many instant mixes, I began. The instructions were pretty straight forward. So I began, started making some potato, and started the dosas. The thing I didn't anticipate was how difficult it would be without a teflon coated pan !!! The stuff got completey stuck and eventually, this is what I ended up eating. It tasted fine.. but to any person who knows what a dosa looks like, well... I needn't say any more.

For the discerning few who, looking at that picture of the dosa, realised that I have a camera at my disposal - I have this to say... the new camera rocks. It is totally awesome.. it is slightly larger than a credit card but packs quite a wallop !! Read more about the Canon PowerShot S230 Digital ELPH here.

And now, the movie related blurb of the day. Contrary to the beliefs of a few, I think the movie Dune is a pretty good take on the epic cult novel by Frank Herbert. Complaints about "the subtle plot changes and its briefness" aside (the movie is more than 3 hours long, but to depict every aspect of the novel's political intrigues would have taken some serious effort... much like... the Lord of the Rings trilogy right now !) it makes a truly sincere effort and not-too-bad graphics for its day.

"Fear is the mind-killer [...] I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me [...] When fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain" - Paul Muadib.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home